Top Ten Tuesdays


Hey! It's early tuesday and I'm not even supposed to be doing this because I banned myself but I can't resist >_<

Anywho, this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "Older" Books I Don't Want People to Forget. Well, by my own standards, old means books that are over 10 years in print. Let's be simple. I was really excited to be doing this because there are just some awesome books that I want to put in here. So without (any more) further ado, I think it's just about time I start naming them!


1. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
I think this has got to be one of my favorite (if not my favorite) novels of the 19th century. I love it from the opening lines (it is a truth universally acknowledged...) to the irony, the silly conflicts, the crudity, the humor, the sadness, the romance--oh the romance! I loved it, am still loving it and I BEG the whole world to continue loving it! Yes, EVEN YOU MANLY MEN! Okay, after drafting this, I am convinced this is the best romantic book ever written, exclamation mark!

2. Viktor Hugo - Les Miserables
I got teary-eyed reading this book. "It's so cruel, so cruel!" I kept saying back in 2010. It's left a profound mark in my heart. I'm even thinking of naming my kid after one character. I wish the future generations would have the chance of enjoying such a masterful novel!


3. C.S Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia
Creative, biblical and uncompromisingly exciting. Lavishly described creatures of old, the end depicted Heaven as described in Revelations. I would want my children to grow up reading this (why is everything today about having kids when I havent even got a boyfriend?). And if there's one thing I regret, I regret that I hadn't started reading this sooner.

3. Lewis Carroll - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
"Curioser and curiouser!" Gah I am absolutely in love with the mad hatter, Alice's innocence and the Dee and Dum! Need I say more? Children OF ALL AGES (yes, children at heart included) should continue to enjoy this! 


4. J.R.R Tolkien - The Lord of The Rings
Gasp gasp. Nerd overload! I don't think I need to explain myself here. I just want to say, this is really the world's precious.

5. Robert Louis Stevenson - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The reason why this book is even on this list is because it's so estranged among its shelf-neighbors and so bizarre that I cant help but like it. Creative plot which questions the duality of the human soul. Hardly possible, but piques interest in the very least. One of the first classics I read back in the day (ha.)

I think I would be finishing this later. It's getting very late and I have exams in the morning. Ta ta for now ~

No comments:

Post a Comment